ASCAP Unveils Cool New App
From the press release:
John A. LoFrumento, CEO of ASCAP (the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers), today announced the launch of ASCAP Mobile, a new app for iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch®. The app provides ASCAP’s songwriter, composer and publisher members with 24/7 access to their membership, catalog, performance and royalty information via ASCAP’s secure Member Access online portal. Additionally, the app’s interface allows all users the ability to search ASCAP’s entire repertory of over 8.5 million copyrighted musical works, and browse news about ASCAP and the music business. The app is free and can be downloaded from the App Store.
“The ASCAP Mobile app further reinforces ASCAP’s leadership position in the application of new technologies to better serve the needs of our members,” said LoFrumento. “The free app offers our members and the industry a new way to stay connected with ASCAP while they are on the go, putting a secure connection to Member Access, the entire ASCAP repertory and industry news in the palm of their hands.”
ASCAP is the first and only Performing Rights Organization to offer an app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Further versions of the app are planned for Blackberry® and Android®.
The ASCAP Mobile app is the latest in a series of technology enhancements that ASCAP has deployed in the past year to make it more convenient for its members to conduct their business and pursue their creativity. These enhancements include:
* A redesigned website (www.ascap.com), which receives 2.5 million page views per month. The new design offers a fresh new look and simplified navigation to thousands of pages of content offering up-to-date news including updates on advocacy and legislative issues, a calendar of events, audio & video features, member benefits and discounts, career development resources, articles and features from Playback Magazine, and much more.
* New enterprise system called PREP (Performing Rights Enterprise Program) – a comprehensive and integrated copyright management and royalty distribution platform.
* Member Access – a secure, online portal giving ASCAP’s songwriter, composer and music publisher members 24/7 access to their membership, catalog, performance and royalty information.
* Revamped royalty statements that can be downloaded in PDF format.
* E-statements – a strategic performance royalty management tool that allows members to slice and dice data in software like Microsoft Excel® or Access®, and industry software such as Counterpoint® Music Maestro®.
* Cue Sheets in Member Access – allows writers and publishers of film and television music to effortlessly view and manage cue sheet data. ASCAP is the first American performing rights organization to offer this type of access to cue sheets.
For more information, go to www.ascap.com/mobile.