Counting Crows Cover Bob Dylan, Big Star, Dawes On New Album
On April 10, 2012, Counting Crows will release their first independent album: a collection of covers entitled Underwater Sunshine (or What We Did On Our Summer Vacation).
Underwater Sunshine includes their versions of new and old songs, from legendary artists like Bob Dylan and Gram Parsons to relatively new bands like Romany Rye and Dawes. Crows frontman Adam Duritz says, “These songs come from bands young and old, stretching from the early 60s to last year. They’re all great and will hopefully be heard by a few more people now.”
The entire album is now available for presale, and will be streaming on online radio stations and other digital partners soon. Their new song, “Mercy” is now free to download when you sign up for their mailing list.
Underwater Sunshine will feature fan-made album art by the winner of the Crows’ album design contest. The band will also launch a Counting Crows cover contest and will award prizes for the top three covers of their songs in the contest.
Underwater Sunshine track listing:
1. “Untitled (Love Song)” by Romany Rye
2. “Start Again” by Teenage Fanclub
3. “Hospital” by Coby Brown
4. “Mercy” by Tender Mercies
5. “Meet On The Ledge” by Fairport Convention
6. “Like Teenage Gravity” by Kasey Anderson & The Honkies
7. “Amie” by Pure Prairie League
8. “Coming Around” by Travis
9. “Ooh La La” by The Faces
10. “All My Failures” by Dawes
11. “Return of the Grevious Angel” by Gram Parsons
12. “Four White Stallions” by Tender Mercies
13. “Jumping Jesus” by Sordid Humor
14. “You Ain’t Going Nowhere” by Bob Dylan
15. “The Ballad of El Goodo” by Big Star