Enter The November/December 2012 Lyric Contest
We are currently accepting entries for the November/December Lyric Contest. This will be last Lyric Contest of the year in which you’ll be eligible to win a “Dream Co-Write” with award-winning singer-songwriter Hayes Carll. Carll, who wrote American Songwriter’s #1 Song of 2011 “Another Like You,” shares his thoughts on songwriting, co-writes and more here.
Enter now for your chance to win…
- 2012 “Dream Co-Write” With Hayes Carll
- Professional Demo Session
- Grand Prize Trip To Nashville, TN
- Keb’ Mo’ Bluesmaster Signature Gibson Guitar* (see below)
- Legendary Shure SM58 Microphone
Each of the four finalists have their lyrics printed in American Songwriter and the bi-monthly winner will be profiled in a one-page Spotlight in the coinciding issue of American Songwriter. You can enter to win the September/October 2012 Lyric Contest (and become eligible for the Grand Prize) by clicking the button below:
* The blues was born as an acoustic music style and its roots still reach back to that early connection. No artist embraces this ethos more than Keb’ Mo’, whose post-modern blues stylings stretch to fully electric blues, jazz, and R&B, while constantly referencing the Delta-fried, acoustic-fueled music that forms the beating heart of his inspiration. Gibson Acoustic honors this three-time Grammy Award Winner with the Keb’ Mo’ Bluesmaster, a flat-top acoustic guitar made in the tradition of the great small-bodied Gibson blues boxes with the added versatility of a built-in L.R. Baggs Element pickup with soundhole-mounted volume control.